One of the main objectives for the position is to secure a high quality standard (IFRS) in accounting and reporting globally and in your region, by assuring financial integrity
Senior Manager Accounting & Internal Control EMEA - Amsterdam
For LUMILEDS, the global leader in light engine technology and headquartered in Amsterdam, Andersen Tax & Legal is the recruiting partner to recruit for the position of ‘Senior Manager Accounting & Internal Control EMEA’. In the position of Senior Manager Accounting & Internal Control EMEA you will be part of the Global Accounting and Internal Control (A&IC) organization. You will be key contact for technical IFRS accounting and reporting issues for EMEA. One of the main objectives for the position is to secure a high quality standard (IFRS) in accounting and reporting globally and in your region, by assuring financial integrity and transparency of accounting and financial reporting in general.
LUMILEDS is a global leader employing more than 9,000 team members operating in over 30 countries. In 2017, LUMILEDS generated sales of approximately $2B.
You will be part of the Global Accounting and Internal Control (A&IC) organization. You will have a primary reporting line to the Global Head of Accounting & Internal Control based in the LUMILEDS Headquarter in Amsterdam. You will have a close working relationship with you’re A&IC colleagues in Amsterdam, as well as the other regional A&IC experts / Chief Accountants, Finance Operations team in Pabianice-Poland, Penang-Malaysia and Infosys colleagues.
As a real IFRS specialist you will support in ensuring a solid local Internal Control Framework as a basis for high quality reporting and compliance;
- Support local statutory accounts preparation and filing, in close cooperation with country controllers, external consultants and external auditors;
- Providing accounting and reporting (External as well as internal reporting) guidance to the finance community;
- Advise your A&IC organization on improvements on quality of financial reporting;
- Interact with country and business controllers to understand the business developments and identify related accounting and financial reporting implications;
- Reviewing and documenting accounting topics and their approaches and resolutions;
- Perform entity level financial reviews to ensure timely identification of (Potential) accounting issues. Oversee, guide and support accounting issue resolution together with the Finance Accounting Operations teams (RTR);
- Support in delivering IFRS training to the finance community;
- Monitoring IASB standards and projects translating the business impact to the finance community;
- Ensure accounting policy adherence and standardization;
- Drive robust, accessible and updated IFRS knowledge within the finance community;
- Ensure group management makes informed and sound decisions on major transactions by advising on accounting and external reporting implications.
We are looking for:
- Qualified as Registered Accountant / Chartered Accountant, CPA or equivalent
- Extensive experience (7+ years) in financial reporting and/or auditor role (Big 4 background preferred)
- Solid understanding of internal controls
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS and US GAAP) and active interest in new developments in this area
- Proactive, self starting and strong communication skills necessary
- Previous experience dealing with accounting issues across a global finance community
- Experienced in managing sensitive information in business environment
- Ability to host/(co)develop training courses and to communicate complex matters in a simple manner.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- IT affinity necessary (SAP, BCS or BPC, Excel)
- Team player with ability to work under high pressure still meeting deadlines
- Understanding of and sensitivity to business environment
- Your way of working is characterized by a high level of accuracy and you are fluent in English (verbal and written)
You will work in an international passionate team with a personal touch.
When you believe you are the person for the position of Senior Manager Technical Accounting & Internal Control within LUMILEDS, please send us your application and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Please send your application to Andersen Tax & Legal - Gaudelaine Tiessen – Gaudelaine.Tiessen@andersentaxlegal.nl – 06 – 11 86 77 93. If you have any questions concerning the position please do not hesitate to contact Gaudelaine Tiessen.
Solliciteer op deze functie