Tax Manager – EMEA is responsible for regional tax planning and transfer pricing matters and negotiating tax rulings within the region.
Fulltime | Location Rotterdam
This is Eastman Chemical
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
Tax Manager – EMEA is responsible for regional tax planning and transfer pricing matters and negotiating tax rulings within the region. Responsibilities also include supporting regional tax compliance and provision processes, supporting tax audit defense, and monitoring tax law changes within the region.
- Study existing businesses and entity structures, propose and implement tax optimization strategies, reduce complexity and mitigate risk.
- Support business initiatives, including formation or liquidation of legal entities, and financing and supply chain structures. Support restructuring projects and negotiate rulings with tax authorities.
- Study intercompany transfer pricing and enterprise income tax laws and regulations and ensure compliance in EMEA.
- Implement Eastman’s transfer pricing policies in EMEA and ensure intercompany transactions are at arms-length. Monitor profitability of EMEA subsidiaries and ensure appropriate profitability on a monthly or quarterly basis; propose appropriate adjustments in a timely manner. Propose transfer prices for new transactions in EMEA.
- Coordinate and review transfer pricing master files, country-by-country reporting and prepare local country files.
- Analyze tax legislative and regulatory proposals and advise management on tax law changes.
- Support regional tax compliance (including withholding taxes) and provision processes.
- Support tax audit defense.
- Assist teammates and share tax knowledge in a way reasonably accessible and easy for colleagues and senior management to understand.
- Organize and provide tax training for Finance and non-Finance teams.
- Other tax related support for EMEA subsidiaries and business teams.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Tax, Accounting
- Proficient in corporate taxation and 7 – 10 years of relevant experience in an international organization
- Proficient in US GAAP and ASC 740 income tax accounting rules and related best practices
- Experience in Tax Applications such as OneSource (OWM and OTP)
- Experience in data management applications such as SharePoint
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Fluent in English
Functional Skills and Capabilities
- Assist in solving unique and complex problems
- Productivity/continuous improvement mind set
- Drive positive change in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Identify, develop and recommend best practices
- Ability to work independently and exercise professional judgment in performing tax work
- Drive on-time delivery along with high quality standards
- Highly collaborative, strong teambuilding and interpersonal skills
- Communicate professionally and effectively (written and verbal)
- Ability to build relationships within and outside the organization
- Look for development opportunities through established networks
This is what we offer
Our spirit of innovation and collaboration along with our diversified business line creating challenges and opportunities for growth is what makes Eastman a great place to build a career. Here, you can find opportunities to grow professionally, competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, and a global work environment.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
For further information about this position please contact Natalie Backx via +31654254556 or send your application via the apply button.
Acquisition due to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Tax Manager, Tax Management, Tax, Accounting, Finance
Solliciteer op deze functie