You come up with and design a whole new way of working for the implementation of our risk models that puts us in a position to respond better to the rapidly changing outside world and to fulfill customer requirements more quickly.
You come up with and design a whole new way of working for the implementation of our risk models that puts us in a position to respond better to the rapidly changing outside world and to fulfill customer requirements more quickly. As a Risk Model Implementation Manager, you can make a difference by further professionalising the implementation of our risk models in your role as a content leader together with the specialists.
Making a difference
- Supervise and closely coach risk teams and data professionals in their day-to-day operations and work with model developers, data scientists, and the business and IT organisation in multidisciplinary teams in both project and management situations.
- Actively contribute to the further development of the team in terms of working methods and standards, as well as to the further professionalisation of the new engineering risk model domain.
- Organise and participate in consultations with stakeholders, such as model development teams, the IT organisation, model validation teams, external auditors and supervisors.
- Use in-depth data analysis to find the cause of any unexpected calculation results.
With each other
Our newly-created Engineering Risk Model team develops and implements credit risk and ALM models and associated data environments and processes. Risk Model Engineering is the expertise centre for the controlled implementation and application of risk models. The model developers will be your clients, the IT organisation will be your implementation partner. You will use Python as a programming language within the entire model development and implementation chain. Together, we will form a chain that will achieve one result.
With you as an implementation manager, the team will consist of 20 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
William Verkooijen, Risk Model Engineering Manager: “As Risk Model Implementation Manager, you are at the dawn of a completely new method of model development and implementation.”
Customer focus, being driven and having an insatiable appetite for new technology are clearly essential for this job. In addition, it’s important that you recognise yourself in every item in the checklist below:
- a completed Phd or MSc degree (econometrics, applied mathematics or related study) and at least 7 years of relevant work experience;
- practical experience in developing and implementing financial risk models;
- practical experience with the use of large, complex data files;
- practical experience in independent programming of calculation functionality (preferably in Python);
- experience with substantive management of small teams of professionals.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
- Together with Vluchtelingenwerk Nederland (the Dutch Council for Refugees), we are helping 1,500 refugees find a suitable job.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, you can also count on the following (on the basis of a 36-hour working week):
- a gross monthly salary between €4,500 and €7,500;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, or making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Risk Model Implementation Manager, and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht via the 'Apply' button.
Good to know:
- You may make ongoing applications, we are recruiting a number of colleagues.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact William Verkooijen at William.Verkooijen@rabobank.nl
- Recruiter Mohamed Chaaibi will be happy to answer questions about the application procedure via Mohamed.Chaaibi@rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Agency calls not appreciated.
Solliciteer op deze functie