As Head of Finance, you play an important role in controlling the financial processes within a complex faculty.
Head Of Finance
Within the Faculty ITC, the department Financial and Economic Affairs (FEA) is taking care of the financial administration of all the incoming fundings and is also responsible for the correct management and optimal security of externally funded projects. The department FEA is also responsible for the financial administration of the study programmes and the students within the Faculty.
As Head of Finance, you play an important role in controlling the financial processes within a complex faculty. Within the context of shrinking finance from the government, growing externally funded projects and changes in organization, you are expected to search for problem-solving interventions and proposals. We demand high quality, strength, and command of the financial management and also of the professional character and position of the department.
- You lead and support the Finance functions in all aspects of Accounting and Financial Management to give the most effective support towards stakeholders in the Faculty ITC and the University of Twente.
- You act as a major support to the faculty management in the area of Accounting and Finance and Management, in close coordination with the Business Controller.
- You are responsible for the management of all day-to-day finance operation.
- You direct, monitor and present the provision of effective financial planning and budgeting within the Faculty.
- You prepare annual budgets and then report on actuals compared to budgets and advise on actions to be taken, in close collaboration with the Business Controller.
- You ensure compliance with all University of Twente and other reporting requirements.
- You coordinate the year-end closing and financial auditing process.
You actively participate in the Vision 2020 UT Strategic Plan and other projects.
- An accountancy qualification is essential (BSc level)
- You can deal with a challenging, ever-changing environment while maintaining the ability to build relationships at all levels in a complex organization.
- You can work strategically with senior stakeholders.
- You have to be able to manage medium-large teams, ideally in a large organization.
- You have excellent communications skills and the ability to present both written and verbal information to the faculty management, controlling department and the UT Central Finance department.
- An excellent command of English and Dutch (written and spoken) is a must.
You need to be hands-on and able to be involved in detail.
Information and application
Additional information regarding the position can be obtained from Mrs. B.A.J. Leurink, managing director (e-mail: email@example.com). You are also invited to visit our homepage.
Please submit your application before 22 May 2018 via our online application page. Your application has to include (i) a motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the selection and (ii) a detailed CV with references.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be initially employed for 2 years. Extension of the employment after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 4210.- and € 5405.- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Controller, level 3).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
41 holiday days in case of full-time employment
Universiteit Twente. Dat is menswetenschappen en technologie. High tech en human touch. Onderwijs en onderzoek die er toe doen. Nieuwe technologie als aanjager voor verandering, vernieuwing en vooruitgang in de samenleving. De Universiteit Twente is de enige campusuniversiteit in Nederland, verdeeld over five faculteiten verzorgen we ruim vijftig opleidingen. De Universiteit Twente heeft veel aandacht voor persoonlijke ontwikkeling en talentvolle onderzoekers krijgen de ruimte voor baanbrekend wetenschappelijk onderzoek.
De faculteit ITC houdt zich bezig met internationaal onderwijs, in combinatie met onderzoek en technische advisering op het gebied van geo-informatie wetenschappen en aardobservatie, waarbij remote sensing technieken worden gebruikt voor het verzamelen van ruimtelijke informatie. ITC's activiteiten concentreren zich op kennisoverdracht, het ontwikkelen van capaciteit en het ondersteunen van organisaties in ontwikkelingslanden en opkomende economieën.
Solliciteer op deze functie