Do you dream in numbers and thrive in fast-paced, energetic, collaborative environments? If so, this might be the right opportunity for you!
Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Cambridge/Boston, USA, CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, Warsaw and Tokyo, and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad.
We are looking for an international controller to oversee and coordinate our accounting, consolidation and reporting of our European and Asian subsidiaries, as well as, budgeting and forecasting, internal controls, and compliance with statutory requirements.
You will be a key adviser/partner to the US management team and expansion team in analyzing European and Asian expansion opportunities and assisting in the opening of new sites. These currently include Warsaw, Poland; Tokyo, Japan; and future sites in the UK and EU. You will also oversee all financial activities for our operating center in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
This role will ultimately report into our International Controller located in Boston, USA, with portions of your work overseen by our EU Chairman, the US CFO, but will be locally managed by CIC International’s Strategic Director of Sales & Operations, and our CIC Rotterdam General Manager, all located in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. You will coordinate with the Global Finance team, based in Boston, Controller to ensure that results are consistently recorded and reported in accordance with corporate requirements and US GAAP.
We have a small finance team in Rotterdam that will report up to this role, as well as a controller in Poland who will have a dotted line reporting to you. Future financial teammates will be expected to similarly share a reporting line to you, as well as their local leadership.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
- Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as, to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CIC’ers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
- Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company;
- Quarterly wellness budget, access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a game room, a gym, shower rooms with towels, stocked kitchens, and a host of discounts towards local business and well-being memberships;
- CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The desired candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related financial degree. Masters and/or a Registered Controller strongly preferred;
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including international consolidations and financial planning & analysis;
- Knowledge of Dutch and International tax laws;
- International business experience;
- Understanding of GAAP accounting standards;
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, Dutch is a plus;
- Real estate industry experience is a plus;
- A natural interest in continuous improvement and helping and supporting others;
- An interest in a long-term role; we are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us over the years.
Compensation is commensurate with experience (please include salary expectations when you apply) and will include an 8% holiday allowance. Benefits include commuter benefits, pension, and professional development once on indefinite contract. Annual reviews with raises every year for those on track with strong performance.
MORE ABOUT CIC
We currently serve 1800+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics, laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is actively pursuing campuses in four additional cities globally, including: London, Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such, we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to -- and improving -- the way we work. We invite you to explore all our openings and learn more about us here.
Solliciteer op deze functie